Northern Beaches Secondary College is an outstanding collaboration of five individual school campuses and partnerships with TAFE, Northern Sydney Institute and University of Technology Sydney.
The five campuses are:
- Balgowlah: a Years 7–12 boys' comprehensive campus
- Cromer: a Years 7–12 co-educational comprehensive campus
- Freshwater: a Years 11–12 co-educational comprehensive campus
- Mackellar: a Years 7–12 girls' comprehensive campus
- Manly: a Years 7–12 co-educational academically selective campus
Northern Beaches Secondary College offers students the opportunity to achieve excellent educational outcomes, participate in innovative educational environments and have unparalleled curriculum choice at the campus which best meets their learning needs. The values, aspirations and beliefs underpinning Excellence, Innovation and Choice are key drivers of College decision making and planning.
The shared, cooperative curriculum delivery across five sites at the College is unique in Australia and has even attracted considerable international interest. The success of the Northern Beaches Secondary College has been demonstrated by a 22% increase in Years 11 and 12 enrolments, between 2001 and 2010 in an area of intense competition for students. In 2012, the College had a total enrolment of over 3500 with approximately 1400 students in Years 11 and 12 and more than 300 teaching staff.